Table of contents[Hide][Show]
Nootropics dietary supplements have been gaining extra reputation lately. Especially with the elevated curiosity within the mind and biohacking. Since they’ve turn out to be so in style, there at the moment are numerous manufacturers on the market, however they are not all created equal.
Natural Stacks is one nootropics model that I needed to check out. I attempted a number of of their merchandise and needed to share some sincere ideas about how they affected me. But first, let’s cowl the fundamentals of nootropics.
What Are Nootropics and Why Use Them?
Nootropics (additionally “smart drugs” or cognitive enhancers) are substances that have an effect on the mind ultimately. They could shield the mind or improve cognitive efficiency. Nootropics may improve the effectivity of neurotransmitter manufacturing and the way they act on mind cells.
What Is Natural Stacks?
Natural Stacks is a high quality complement firm that focuses on higher mind well being. The thought is to “stack” your dietary supplements so that you’ve one thing personalized to your wants. Instead of making an attempt to get all the pieces we want multi function complement (which is not going to occur).
You can get their pre-bundled stacks for particular well being wants, like temper, mind meals, and psychological efficiency, or create your personal bundle of dietary supplements. They supply merchandise individually, however stacking them will get you the most effective low cost. More on that on the finish of this evaluate, however for now let me let you know how Natural Stacks labored for me.
NEUROFUEL™ by Natural Stacks
NEUROFUEL™ is Natural Stacks’ unique complement. It was initially referred to as CILTEP, an acronym for “Chemically-Induced Long Term Potentiation.” Don’t let the title idiot you although! Natural Stacks is made with all-natural substances.
The “chemically-induced” half refers to the way it will increase biochemical features within the mind. Neurofuel does this by a number of completely different actions:
- Inhibiting PDE enzymes
- Increasing cAMP ranges
#1 Inhibiting Phosphodiesterase (PDE) Enzymes
PDE enzymes would in any other case break down one thing referred to as cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP). Blocking PDEs has a optimistic impact on reminiscence. Blocking PDE4, particularly, is useful for neurodegenerative ailments like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. It may improve wakefulness and focus. Some pure PDE4 inhibitors embrace Artichoke extract, luteolin, and an herb referred to as Kanna.
#2 Increasing cAMP Levels (Cyclic adenosine monophosphate)
cAMP naturally amps up the actions of hormones and neurotransmitters. These embrace epinephrine (adrenalin) and acetylcholine. While blocking PDE helps improve cAMP ranges, Neurostack’s substances additionally immediately improve them. This is because of the herb, Coleus forskohlii, with its energetic compound, forskolin. Neurofuel makes use of artichoke extract to additionally assist block PDE.
By blocking PDE and growing cAMP, it has a strong impact on a course of often known as Long Term Potentiation. Scientists consider this course of is the important thing to studying and retaining new data.
Neurofuel additionally accommodates an amino acid, acetyl-L-carnitine (ALCAR). This amino acid crosses the blood-brain barrier to assist mitochondria and increase vitality. ALCAR additionally helps combat mind fog and fatigue.
The L-phenylalanine within the components helps construct dopamine for focus and motivation. And the energetic type of vitamin B6 lowers emotions of stress and helps create calm, targeted vitality. You can see why Neurofuel is so efficient for readability, focus, reminiscence, and motivation!
My Experience With NEUROFUEL™
I received to strive each their capsule and their lemonade drink packets. I may really feel each merchandise inside half an hour. Despite a number of quick nights of sleep, after taking Neurofuel, I felt targeted, clear-headed, and able to be productive. It was an incredible solution to begin the day.
I particularly preferred the lemonade packets as a result of it is a good way to ensure I begin the day with a glass of water on an empty abdomen. They combine simply with out settling to the underside of the glass they usually style nice!
The taste comes from crystallized lemon extract, with some stevia and natural monk fruit for sweetness. No humorous enterprise right here.
SEROTONIN BRAIN FOOD™ by Natural Stacks
Serotonin (aka the “happy molecule”) is a neurotransmitter that helps us really feel calm, targeted, and optimistic. Scientists have discovered that 95% of the body’s serotonin is produced within the intestine. When we feed our physique the suitable vitamins, we are able to improve serotonin manufacturing within the intestine.
Natural Stacks’ Serotonin Brain Food has the vitamins wanted for optimum serotonin manufacturing.
- Rhodiola Rosea – Supports stress aid, fights fatigue and burnout, uplifts temper, and boosts vitality and efficiency.
- L-Tryptophan – An important amino acid that enhances temper, improves cognitive talents, and promotes optimistic behaviors. The intestine converts tryptophan to serotonin.
- Vitamin B3 – Increases blood stream within the mind, helps produce vitality, and protects the physique towards free radical harm.
- Magnesium Glycinate – Helps relieve stress, improves consideration, upgrades sleep high quality, and sharpens reminiscence.
- Zinc Glycinate – Supports a wholesome immune system, and helps improve serotonin within the mind.
Healthy serotonin ranges are linked with:
- Positive social habits
- Resilience within the face of stress
- Cognitive flexibility
- Better psychological well being normally
My Experience With Natural Stacks’ Serotonin Brain Food™ Supplement
I took the serotonin complement principally within the night, but in addition through the day on some overcast days. I may positively really feel an impact; typically, a way of balanced calm and a greater outlook. I feel it helped me sleep somewhat higher after I took it within the night.
SMART CAFFEINE® by Natural Stacks
Sometimes you simply want somewhat further hit of caffeine… however with out the jitters. Natural Stacks’ Smart Caffeine combines caffeine with the calming amino acid, L-theanine for a balanced vitality increase. L-theanine is the balancing amino acid discovered that comes from inexperienced tea.
The two work collectively to enhance consideration and application, reminiscence, and cognitive functioning. It even helps us have the flexibility to disregard distractions. What mama does not want that!
A 2008 examine discovered L-theanine and caffeine labored synergistically to enhance pace and accuracy when multitasking. The mixture additionally diminished examine members’ susceptibility to distraction throughout a reminiscence job. Together they assist enhance efficiency when we have to actually use our brainpower.
My Experience With Natural Stacks’ Caffeine Supplement
I may positively really feel the caffeine, and it did not take lengthy for it to kick in. I took it about mid-morning after I was sitting at my laptop computer, typing an article, and was starting to really feel a bit sleepy. It helped convey again my focus shortly and I felt rather more productive for the remainder of the day. So far, I’ve simply taken it as wanted.
Natural Stacks as a Whole: My Opinion
Overall, I felt that Natural Stacks dietary supplements labored very successfully and fairly shortly. They’re an awesome nootropics hack to have available after I have to focus and be productive. Especially after an evening of less-than-optimal sleep. The Neurofuel and Smart Caffeine pair nicely to assist profit from the day.
The Serotonin Brain Food can also be an awesome complement to have on the shelf for days whenever you’re simply “not feelin’ it.”
I really like that their substances are all-natural and backed by science. While I attempted these three merchandise, they’ve others you’ll be able to add to your stack or experiment with. They have a number of different neurotransmitter-enhancing dietary supplements, together with:
- Acetylcholine Brain Food – For higher consideration to element, quicker pondering, and psychological readability.
- GABA Brain Food – For a peaceful thoughts, clear ideas, relaxed physique, and deeper, extra restorative sleep.
- Dopamine Brain Food – For laser focus, unbeatable drive to get issues performed, higher athletic steadiness, and higher psychological readability.
They even have magnesium, curcumin, krill oil, probiotics, and Vitamin D3 dietary supplements. There’s even a drink combine to help sleep and intestine well being abruptly. If you are undecided what to strive first, you’ll be able to order one in all their stacks, which mixes two to 4 dietary supplements in a equipment.
They even let you construct your personal stack. Just select a product from every of three classes: Neurotransmitter Support, Mental Performance, and Daily Essentials. That will routinely get you 15% off of the gathering.
I’m trying ahead to making an attempt extra of their merchandise! If you want to provide Natural Stacks a strive at a 15% low cost, click here to go to their web site after which put in wellnessmama15 at checkout.
Have you tried nootropics merchandise earlier than? What was your expertise with them? Share with us under!
- Hayashi Y. (2022). Molecular mechanism of hippocampal long-term potentiation – Towards multiscale understanding of studying and reminiscence. Neuroscience research175, 3–15.
- Levenson CW (2006). Zinc: the brand new antidepressant?. nutrition reviews, 64(1), 39–42.
- Lou HC (1994). Dopamine precursors and mind perform in phenylalanine hydroxylase deficiency. Acta paediatrica (Oslo, Norway: 1992). Extra charge407, 86–88.
- Owen, GN, Parnell, H., De Bruin, EA, & Rycroft, JA (2008). The mixed results of L-theanine and caffeine on cognitive efficiency and temper. Nutritional neuroscience11(4), 193–198.
- Richard, DM, Dawes, MA, Mathias, CW, Acheson, A., Hill-Kapturczak, N., & Dougherty, DM (2009). L-Tryptophan: Basic Metabolic Functions, Behavioral Research and Therapeutic Indications. International journal of tryptophan research : IJTR, 2, 45–60.
- Sanders, O., & Rajagopal, L. (2020). Phosphodiesterase Inhibitors for Alzheimer’s Disease: A Systematic Review of Clinical Trials and Epidemiology with a Mechanistic Rationale. Journal of Alzheimer’s disease reports4(1), 185–215.
- Southwick, SM, Vythilingam, M., & Charney, DS (2005). The psychobiology of melancholy and resilience to emphasize: implications for prevention and remedy. Annual review of clinical psychology, 1, 255–291.
- Tang, L., Huang, C., Zhong, J., He, J., Guo, J., Liu, M., Xu, JP, Wang, HT, & Zhou, ZZ (2019). Discovery of arylbenzylamines as PDE4 inhibitors with potential neuroprotective impact. European journal of medicinal chemistry168, 221–231.